Giesemann VerVve: Installation & Setup
Now that you have your VerVve installed and ready to go over your tank, you are probably wondering how to configure them. Well, we have put this Quick Guide together for you to facilitate the process and make it as seamless as possible.
- Pairing your VerVve Fixtures
- Configure VerVve with iOS/Android App
- Change VerVve Fixture language to English
The VerVve fixtures are the latest in LED modular technology. This means that you can wirelessly connect up to 99 different fixtures to create one large single unit. Here are some quick steps to pair your new fixtures.
All Master and slave fixtures must have the same PAN-ID to work together. This means that if needed, you must change the PAN-ID on the slave fixtures to match the one on the master fixture.
Once you have all your Slave fixtures as part of the same group (same PAN-ID), you must now identify each individual slave by a unique ID. A network of fixtures can have one master and up to 99 unique slaves.
- Under the VerVve menu, select “Radio”
- Using the jog dial, scroll and select “Slave ID”
- Enter a UNIQUE Slave ID number (1-99). If you have multiple Slave fixtures, make sure that each fixture have a UNIQUE Slave ID number assigned. Select OK to return to previous menu
- Scroll and select “Radio” and turn it ON
- Select Exit when done
To find the PAN-ID on the Master:
- Turn on the fixture and the PAN-ID will be display after the unit finishes powering up.
To change the PAN-ID on the Slaves:
Once you have the PAN-ID of your master fixture, you must modify all slaves to match the same PAN-ID. If you have multiple master fixtures with multiple slaves, then each group (1 master and x number of slaves) must share the master’s PAN-ID.
- After the fixture has powered up, under the VerVve menu, select “Individual”
- Using the jog dial, scroll and select “Settings”.
- Enter PIN number “1234” and select OK.
- Scroll and select “PAN-ID”.
- Input the same PAN-ID as the master. If the master has a PAN-ID 03.123, then input 03 on the first box and 123 on the second box. Select OK when done.
- Scroll and select “Exit” to return to the Main Menu.
- Scroll and select “Exit” to return to the VerVve menu.
Verify Master Fixture Sees ALL Slaves
- On the Master Fixture go to the VerVve Menu and select “Radio”
- Now select “Online”. You will see a list of slaves. A solid dot to the right of the slave number let’s you know that a Slave fixture is assigned to that number and ready.
- Make sure that your Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.
- Start the app and press “Start Discovery”. After a few seconds, the master fixture will appear on the list.
- Tap to select the master fixture.
- As the iPhone connects, you will be prompted to enter an 8-digit code. This code is the same as the last 8 digits of the Product ID. You can find the product ID on the Master fixture itself. Enter the code and press OK.
- You are now ready to work and configure your new VerVve Fixtures with your mobile device.
Your VerVve is a masterful piece of German engineering and there is a chance that the VerVve is set to German language. Here is a quick rundown on how to change the language to English.
- Turn on the unit and wait for the self test and the Giesemann logo to flash. You will see “Master Mode” (for master). Press and hold down the switch on the right side of the display until you see the word “Individuell”.
- Press the switch again once and you will see “Hauptmenu” and right below it the word “Demo”.
- Without pressing down, slide the switch to the right and select “Einstellugen”.
- Press down and release the switch to enter “Einstellugen”
- Use the switch to input the code 1234 and then select ok. You will now see a new screen with the word “Einstellugen” at the top and “Datum” right below it.
- Without pressing down, slide the switch to the right and select “Sprache” and then press and release the switch down to select it.
- Now you will see a new screen with the word “Sprache” at the top. Using the switch, toggle to English and then press the switch down to select.
- The screen will now flash “Language” at the top. Slide the switch to the right and toggle to “Exit” to leave this menu.
- Once again, slide the switch to the right and toggle to “Exit” to leave the “Settings” screen and return to the “Main Menu”.