Kamoer X4, X4 Plus Firmware Update
Here you will find the latest instructions to update your Kamoer Doser to the latest software. Always read and follow the instructions and guides prior to updating your firmware. Not following the directions can potentially “brick” your unit and render it inoperable.
Things You Will Neeed
- Kamoer Doser model X4 or X4 Plus.
- Download the “Dosing Pump 2” app from either the App Store or Google Play.
Prepping Your Kamoer Doser
- On your Kamoer digital display press “Set” to enter the Settings screen
- Using the Up/Down buttons, Select “Option”
- Now select “Reset WIFI”
- When prompted to confirm, select YES
Once you reset the WIFI, the Kamoer WILL NOT notify you that the WIFI was reset successfully. It will just revert back to “Reset WIFI” option.
Starting your Kamoer in Firmware Update Mode
Now you will need to restart the Kamoer unit in Firmware Update mode. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Unplug the Kamoer unit from power
- Press and hold the ESC button on the Kamoer unit and then reconnect the unit to power
- Continue to told the ESC button for 5 seconds.
WARNING: The unit WILL NOT give you an audible or visual confirmation that you are in Firmware Update Mode. The unit will seem as it is completely OFF but it really isn’t. It is actually in stand-by mode waiting for the next command. It is normal for the digital screen to be completely OFF when in Firmware Update Mode.
Updating the Firmware
- On your mobile device, go to your Wifi settings and look for your Kamoer’s WIFI signal. It is the one that starts with the word “KAMOER-” followed by the model and then the unit’s unique serial number which can be found on the unit itself. The default password is “12345678”.
- Once your mobile device is directly connected to the unit, go ahead and start the “Dosing Pump 2” app. Now select the button located on the upper right-hand conner and then select “Update Firmware”.
- Now tap on “Data Backup”. The app will attempt to backup the data on the unit and it will FAIL. This is normal. When prompted, select “Direct Upgrade”.
- Now you may select the model of the unit you wish to Upgrade. Please be sure to select the correct model as installing the incorrect firmware voids the warranty and will render the unit inoperable.
- Now, tap on “Upgrade” to start the process. It will take a few seconds for the process to begin so please be patient and DO NOT tap on the button repeatedly. DO NOT allow the mobile screen to turn off or go into sleep mode. If it does, the upgrade will fail and you will have to start the process again.
- When the process reaches 90% to 100%, the Kamoer unit will automatically reboot. At this point, the upgrade process is completed.
WARNING: The app WILL NOT notify you of completion. Once the Kamoer unit has restarted, you will need to terminate the app and restart it again.
Your Kamoer now has the latest firmware version and you are ready to operate it.